2. Add 2 tbls pickle masala, 2 tbls pickle oil and a pinch of salt to a cup of wheat flour to make delicious achari poori’s for breakfast and as a travel food.
3. Add 1 tbls leftover pickle masala to regular subzi to make achari aloo, achari bhindi, achari brinjal or any dry curry of your choice.
4. Add kiwi fruit, green apple, oranges, berries or any sour or over-ripe fruit to make coriander chutney more nutritious.
5. While making coriander chutney, add a few nuts of your choice to make it more nutritious and to increase its shelf life.
6. If you have added too much chilli powder in a gravy, then add some curd, lemon juice or 2 t.s ghee to it for balance.
7. If your gulab jamuns turn out hard, don’t worry; just put them in the pressure cooker with sugar-syrup and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat and then serve warm with a smile.
8. While making potato chips, mix some alum powder in the water and soak the chips in it before boiling.
9. While grinding red chili powder, add a little mustard oil to it to get a bright red colour.
10. It is much easier to grind small cardamom if you add some sugar to it while grinding.
11. Add 1 tbls gram flour in semolina to make your sooji halwa delicious.
12. While making gravy for a kofta or paneer dish, use milk instead of water for smoother gravy.
13. If asafoetida becomes too hard, then keep a green chilli with it.
14. If you are short of tomatoes to make gravy, then add some tomato ketchup.
15. Add a little Bounvita to coffee for a delicious twist in the taste.
16. Grease leftover dough with some oil or ghee before covering and storing it in the refrigerator.
17. Add a little glycerine to the cake batter to make it more soft and moist.
18. Add some routine spices and bread to leftover rice, mash the mixture well and make crispy fritters.
19. After making cottage cheese/paneer, don’t throw the whey. Use it to make roti dough or use in any curry.
20. Add a pinch of dried mint powder in tomato soup to make it more flavourful.
21. Keep an apple by potatoes. They will stay fresh and will not sprout easily.
22. If facing difficulty in rolling aloo parantha, add some dry roasted gram flour or some bread crumbs to the filling; it will not come out while rolling.
23. Try to add whole curry leaf spring in the dish. It will be easy to remove after cooking.
24. Use scissors to chop green chillies and coriander.
25. While boiling potatoes, add some salt or vinegar in the water, to avoid cracking while boiling.
26. Use white tooth powder to clean your silverware and silver jewellery.
27. If you have added extra salt to a dish, don’t worry; just add a peeled raw potato or a ball of wheat flour dough and boil for a minute, then discard the potato or flour ball.
28. If your rice gets burnt, don’t worry; just put a slice of bread in the pan for 10 minutes. The bread will absorb the burnt flavour.
29. Freeze leftover coffee in an ice tray; and the next time you make cold coffee, use these cubes instead of plain ice cubes.
30. To remove worms from cauliflower, add some white vinegar or turmeric in the water and soak the florets in it for 10 minutes.
31. Add 1 t.s white vinegar to idli batter to make softer idlis.
32. Add some gram flour or semolina to wheat flour to make crisp poori’s.
33.To enhance the flavour of coffee, add a pinch of salt to it.